Gungahlin Weather Centre - Gungahlin Facts & Figures
Facts & Figures
We'll update this page whenever we record new and interesting weather facts from Gungahlin.
The highs and lows.
* The highest temperature recorded in Gungahlin is 42.3°C (11 February, 2017)
* The lowest temperature recorded in Gungahlin is minus 6.6°C (2 August, 2003)
A warm night.
* The warmest minimum temperature recorded in Gungahlin is 25.2°C (8 January, 2013).
A very cold day!
* The lowest maximum temperature recorded in Gungahlin is 2.6°C (12 June 2009).
* In February 2004, the temperature in Gungahlin reached 30°C or more on 17 days, including 12 days in a row (from Feb 10 to 21).
* In 2009, Gungahlin recorded 14 days in a row with maximums 30°C or more (26 Jan to 8 Feb). Peaking at 40.1°C on Jan 31!
* Gungahlin's average yearly rainfall is 559.4mm.
* On average, November is the wettest month (70.5mm), while May is the driest (23.8mm).
* The wettest day in Gungahlin has been 65.0mm (4 February 2002).
How about the rain?
* Gungahlin's yearly rainfall average is 551.9mm. Totals for the last 11 years have been:
* 2012: 662.6mm
* 2011: 516.6mm
* 2010: 699.6mm
* 2009: 390.2mm
* 2008: 503.2mm
* 2007: 499.0mm
* 2006: 366.8mm
* 2005: 611.8mm
Wet and dry!
* The wettest year in Gungahlin was 1999 when 776.0mm of rain fell. In contrast, 2006 saw just 366.8mm.
The longest 'dry' spell in Gungahlin is 56 days!
* No rain was recorded in Gungahlin for 56 days in a row - from 16 April to 10 June 2005.
* The strongest wind gust recorded in Gungahlin is a 78.9km/h Northerly, recorded at 1.29pm on August 24, 2003.
Copyright Gungahlin Weather Centre