Gungahlin Weather Centre - Gungahlin Facts & Figures
Facts & Figures
We'll update this page whenever we record new and interesting weather facts from Gungahlin.
The highs and lows.
* The highest temperature recorded in Gungahlin is 43.7°C (4 January, 2020)
* The lowest temperature recorded in Gungahlin is minus 7.1°C (2 July, 2017)
A warm night.
* The warmest minimum temperature recorded in Gungahlin is 25.2°C (8 January, 2013).
A very cold day!
* The lowest maximum temperature recorded in Gungahlin is 2.6°C (12 June 2009).
* In February 2004, the temperature in Gungahlin reached 30°C or more on 17 days, including 12 days in a row (from Feb 10 to 21).
* In 2009, Gungahlin recorded 14 days in a row with maximums 30°C or more (26 Jan to 8 Feb). Peaking at 40.1°C on Jan 31!
* Gungahlin's average yearly rainfall is 545.1mm (figure updated January 2020).
* On average, November is the wettest month (67.0mm), while May is the driest (25.6mm).
* The wettest day in Gungahlin has been 65.0mm (4 February 2002).
Yearly rainfall totals
* 2019: 308.6mm
* 2018: 405.6mm
* 2017: 568.8mm
* 2016: 820.4mm
* 2015: 502.4mm
* 2014: 509.8mm
* 2013: 443.0mm
* 2012: 662.6mm
* 2011: 516.6mm
* 2010: 699.6mm
* 2009: 390.2mm
* 2008: 503.2mm
* 2007: 499.0mm
* 2006: 366.8mm
* 2005: 611.8mm
* 2004: 455.2mm
* 2003: 538.3mm
* 2002: 450.6mm
* 2001: 519.2mm
* 2000: 676.2mm
* 1999: 776.0mm
Wet and dry!
* The wettest year in Gungahlin has been in 2016 when 820.4mm of rain fell. In contrast, 2019 saw just 308.6mm.
The longest 'dry' spell in Gungahlin is 56 days!
* No rain was recorded in Gungahlin for 56 days in a row - from 16 April to 10 June 2005.
* The strongest wind gust recorded in Gungahlin is a 78.9km/h Northerly, recorded at 1.29pm on August 24, 2003.
Copyright Gungahlin Weather Centre